Author Topic: Carshes (a lot)  (Read 4910 times)

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Carshes (a lot)
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:01:29 PM »
First, I love this product - it is a great tool! But it crashes quite frequently. I am on the latest 4.5.1.1 and ever since 4.5 it crashes:

1) trying to set a primary destination field in ingest (not consistently)
2) trying to set a secondary destination field in ingest (not consistently)
3) sometimes doing nothing - program is open but I am not accessing it
4) pulling out or inserting a CF card into my reader (front of PC and this is consistent)

I tried looking in the forum but did not see anything - and this is probably a cockpit error.

Hardware is a Intel Duo Core; 4 gig memory; > 300 gig of disk free; running XP MC (Pro)

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crashes (a lot)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:38:43 PM »
Kevin,

First, I love this product - it is a great tool! But it crashes quite frequently. I am on the latest 4.5.1.1 and ever since 4.5 it crashes:

1) trying to set a primary destination field in ingest (not consistently)
2) trying to set a secondary destination field in ingest (not consistently)
3) sometimes doing nothing - program is open but I am not accessing it
4) pulling out or inserting a CF card into my reader (front of PC and this is consistent)

I tried looking in the forum but did not see anything - and this is probably a cockpit error.

Hardware is a Intel Duo Core; 4 gig memory; > 300 gig of disk free; running XP MC (Pro)

Are you certain that you are running 4.5.1.1?  Open the About box while running PM and see what version it says it is.  The crashes you described are common in the 4.5 version but were fixed in 4.5.1 and 4.5.1.1.

I suggest uninstalling all versions of PM, a restart of your system, and then reinstall 4.5.1.1.  No preferences will be lost.

-Kirk

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Carshes (a lot)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
Positive on the version - checked it twice. I will de-install and re-install and let you know.

Kevin

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:29:52 AM »
Thanks Kirk, something must have gotten messed up. I de-installed PM, delted the folder under program files and re-installed. Before doing this, when I checked under 'About', it said it was 4.5.1.1 - but when the program loaded the splash screen said 4.5. It seems to be much more stable now.

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:02 AM »
Kevin,

Thanks Kirk, something must have gotten messed up. I de-installed PM, delted the folder under program files and re-installed. Before doing this, when I checked under 'About', it said it was 4.5.1.1 - but when the program loaded the splash screen said 4.5. It seems to be much more stable now.

That's good to hear.  I'm glad it worked out for you.

-Kirk