Author Topic: Tehtered to PM using a Nikon D2 camera  (Read 3369 times)

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tehtered to PM using a Nikon D2 camera
« on: June 25, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
Hi

I just tried my D2HS tethered to a Mac Book Pro with PM open and set to live slide show.
  No images appeared on screen or in the selected file using the "P" option (PTP) on the camera. When I used "M" setting instead the camera didn't operate at all. The IB for the camera says to use either setting when using Nikon software.

Any tethered Nikon users here have a solution?

Thanks

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tehtered to PM using a Nikon D2 camera
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
Neil,

I just tried my D2HS tethered to a Mac Book Pro with PM open and set to live slide show.
  No images appeared on screen or in the selected file using the "P" option (PTP) on the camera. When I used "M" setting instead the camera didn't operate at all. The IB for the camera says to use either setting when using Nikon software.

Any tethered Nikon users here have a solution?

Are you running the Nikon software at the time you are trying to take pictures while tethered?

-Kirk

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
No I am only running PM.  Do I still need to own/run or use Nikon Camera Control even if I have PM?

Thanks

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
Neil,

No I am only running PM.  Do I still need to own/run or use Nikon Camera Control even if I have PM?

Yes, because PM does not have any code in it to control any cameras, you'll still need to use some software to control the camera, making it copy the photos to a specific folder on your computer.  Then you would point the Live Slide Show at that same folder and then your images will appear in PM.

-Kirk