Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad  (Read 4772 times)

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad
« on: June 24, 2007, 08:08:57 PM »
I am trying to edit the options for "Clear" under my ITPC stationary pad. I use a Mac. I hold the option key down and the "Clear" button changes to "Options", and when I click this Options button, I get the "Clear IPTC Fields" menu. Then I uncheck what I do not want cleared and then click "OK", but the modified "Clear IPTC Fields" menu reverts back to the default status so when I click the Clear button, everything in the IPTC Stationary Pad is cleared instead of just clearing what had been left checked. When I go back into the Clear IPTC Fields menu, all the boxes I had unchecked are checked again! What I am doing wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
I am trying to edit the options for "Clear" under my ITPC stationary pad. I use a Mac. I hold the option key down and the "Clear" button changes to "Options", and when I click this Options button, I get the "Clear IPTC Fields" menu. Then I uncheck what I do not want cleared and then click "OK", but the modified "Clear IPTC Fields" menu reverts back to the default status so when I click the Clear button, everything in the IPTC Stationary Pad is cleared instead of just clearing what had been left checked. When I go back into the Clear IPTC Fields menu, all the boxes I had unchecked are checked again! What I am doing wrong?

Do any of your preferences stick?  For example, can you change the colors in the Contact Sheet and have them stay changed after you restart PM?

What version of PM are you running?
What version of Mac OS X are you running?

-Kirk

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:04:42 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

I went to Preferences for PM, changed the background color for the contact sheet, and it did stick.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.9 and PM 4.5.1.1

And one more question, I am still using a Demo PM. I'd like to purchase but when I try to register, I don't seem to have a valid password. How can I go about registering?

-peninsula

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:25 AM »
peninsula,

I went to Preferences for PM, changed the background color for the contact sheet, and it did stick.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.9 and PM 4.5.1.1

And one more question, I am still using a Demo PM. I'd like to purchase but when I try to register, I don't seem to have a valid password. How can I go about registering?

You need to register while running with administrator privileges.  So either grant admin privileges to your current user account, or login as an admin account and register then.  This only needs to be done once.

-Kirk

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »
Kirk,

I am always logged in on an account with administrator privileges. When I try to register PM (and discontiue my Demo which is soon to expire), my name, Greg Bowerman, is already entered in the window that pops up, all I have to do is enter a password (I use the same password as the login-password for this forum) but I'm told the password is not valid. Can the proper password be emailed to me?

Also, I might have been misunderstood on my last post, as I am still unable to get the Clear-Options to stick (other preference-changes are sticking). What can I do to change my Clear-button options so they will stick?

Thanks, peninsula

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »
peninsula,

I am always logged in on an account with administrator privileges. When I try to register PM (and discontiue my Demo which is soon to expire), my name, Greg Bowerman, is already entered in the window that pops up, all I have to do is enter a password (I use the same password as the login-password for this forum) but I'm told the password is not valid. Can the proper password be emailed to me?

Did you purchase a license?  If so, you need to enter the information from the license, not your forums password.  If you still need to purchase a license, you can call 503-531-8430 and order your license.

Quote from: peninsula
Also, I might have been misunderstood on my last post, as I am still unable to get the Clear-Options to stick (other preference-changes are sticking). What can I do to change my Clear-button options so they will stick?

I am still trying to figure out why it isn't working for you.  I will get back to you once I have figured it out.

-Kirk

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 06:21:09 AM »
I am still trying to figure out why it isn't working for you.  I will get back to you once I have figured it out.
-Kirk

I've purchased my license and I've registered with PM. Everything went very smoothly. Still having the problem with the Clear-Options button... have you figured anything out yet, Kirk?

-peninsula

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 07:39:34 AM »
peninsula,

-Kirk

I've purchased my license and I've registered with PM. Everything went very smoothly. Still having the problem with the Clear-Options button... have you figured anything out yet, Kirk?

Yes, at least I think I have.  I noticed that it wasn't saving the clear preferences for fields like Location, IPTC Scene, and the other Contact info related fields.  I have fixed this issue in the upcoming 4.5.2 release.

Are those the same fields you're having issues with, or are none of them saving your preferences, like for instance City and State?

-Kirk