Author Topic: Sending images by email  (Read 3295 times)

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sending images by email
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
Hi, simple question about sending images by email.  I use Yahoo. There are choices for what mail system to use. i use none of them. Can Yahoo be added? 
I'm on a MAC 10.4.9, PM 4.5.1.1

I never seem to be able to open a Mac.mail account or make it work and I have no idea why. That is one of the supported email systems.

One more question. Live slide show. This is for tethered viewing of images but wireless or by USB correct?

Thanks

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sending images by email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
Neil,

Hi, simple question about sending images by email.  I use Yahoo. There are choices for what mail system to use. i use none of them. Can Yahoo be added? 
I'm on a MAC 10.4.9, PM 4.5.1.1

Since Yahoo mail is web-browser based, I see no way to support it.  On the Mac, the email facility relies on a user supplied email client to send email controlled via AppleScript.  This just cannot be done with a web browser since although most browsers are scriptable, they no nothing about web mail.

Quote from: neils
I never seem to be able to open a Mac.mail account or make it work and I have no idea why. That is one of the supported email systems.

Apple's Mail application is supported and works fine with Photo Mechanic, but you need to have either a .Mac account or some ISP that supports POP3 or IMAP mail in order to use it.

Quote from: neils
One more question. Live slide show. This is for tethered viewing of images but wireless or by USB correct?

Live Slide Show just monitors a folder for the appearance of new images.  It does not matter how they get there, USB, ethernet, wireless or otherwise.  You could have it monitor a server that you copy images to with the Finder and even that would work fine.

-Kirk

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
Thanks,  I got a .Mac account up and running.  I guess I never really dug into it enough. 

I'll try a USB hook for the live slide show.

Thanks

Neil

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:17:44 PM »
You can use your Yahoo address with the Mac OS X Mail application, by enabling POP support in your Yahoo account, and adding the account to Mail. You may have to upgrade to Yahoo Plus, which I think is $20 a year.

Once that's done you can use Photo Mechanic to send from your Yahoo address via Mail.