Author Topic: IPTC Ingest  (Read 3153 times)

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Ingest
« on: June 26, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »
When applying the IPTC Stationery Pad during ingest, I'm given the choice of "Use Local IPTC Stationery" or "Use Global IPTC Stationery". What is the difference and what is generally recommended?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Ingest
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
When applying the IPTC Stationery Pad during ingest, I'm given the choice of "Use Local IPTC Stationery" or "Use Global IPTC Stationery". What is the difference and what is generally recommended?

When you use the local version, you are using an IPTC Stationery Pad that is specific to the Ingest dialog which is not used outside of the Ingest dialog.  When you use the global version, it is the same IPTC Stationery Pad that is available in several other areas of the application, including the IPTC Stationery Pad that you access from the Image menu in the menu bar.

Until very recently there was only the global version.  There is no specific recommendation I can make but if you don't want changes to the IPTC Stationery Pad outside of the Ingest dialog to affect your next Ingest, then I would use the local version.

-Kirk

Offline peninsula

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 07:55:04 PM »
Thanks Kirk

Offline light1471

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »
Where can I go to learn about all the various functions/buttons in Stationary pad.  It's very confusing, what is saved, where, when, etc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:32:35 PM »
Where can I go to learn about all the various functions/buttons in Stationary pad.  It's very confusing, what is saved, where, when, etc.

The manual is available from our downloads page:

www.camerabits.com/download/index.html

-Kirk