Author Topic: Correcting Batch Rename  (Read 2654 times)

Offline jscowsert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Correcting Batch Rename
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »
Occasionally I'll forget to change the naming {seqn} while batch renaming files and won't notice until I'm ready to ftp the files and mistakenly have files named such as 12345_Cowboys_v_Saints and meant to name the files 12345_Cowboys_v_Jets.  Is there a way to correct the {seqn} tag name only in batch rename and keep the original file numbering sequence unchanged?
My workflow is to batch rename while ingesting, make my selections to send to ftp, caption, and then ftp the selections. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Correcting Batch Rename
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:13:13 AM »
Occasionally I'll forget to change the naming {seqn} while batch renaming files and won't notice until I'm ready to ftp the files and mistakenly have files named such as 12345_Cowboys_v_Saints and meant to name the files 12345_Cowboys_v_Jets.  Is there a way to correct the {seqn} tag name only in batch rename and keep the original file numbering sequence unchanged?
My workflow is to batch rename while ingesting, make my selections to send to ftp, caption, and then ftp the selections.

Sure, but it requires version 4.5.x:

{seqn}{filenamebase:5}

The :5 causes the substring starting with the sixth (counting from zero) character through the end of the string to be extracted, thus we skip your old sequence number.

-Kirk