Author Topic: Unsupported file types  (Read 2807 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Unsupported file types
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:54:43 AM »
Is there a way to suppress the display of unsupported file types?

I use a program called QImage and it saves it file info in a file named filename.flt.  I'd like to suppress the display of these files. 

Better yet, I would like PM to treat them as RAW+JPG+FLT so that if I ever moved or deleted them, all three files would be handled together.  I am not suggesting that PM do anything special for FLT files, what I am suggesting is that when in RAW+JPG mode, that any file that has multiple extensions (e.g. DSC_1000.nef, DSC_1000.jpg, DSC_1000.xmp, DSC_1000.wav, DSC_1000.txt, etc.), that any move/copy actions act on all the files.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unsupported file types
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
Deven,

Is there a way to suppress the display of unsupported file types?

I use a program called QImage and it saves it file info in a file named filename.flt.  I'd like to suppress the display of these files. 

Better yet, I would like PM to treat them as RAW+JPG+FLT so that if I ever moved or deleted them, all three files would be handled together.  I am not suggesting that PM do anything special for FLT files, what I am suggesting is that when in RAW+JPG mode, that any file that has multiple extensions (e.g. DSC_1000.nef, DSC_1000.jpg, DSC_1000.xmp, DSC_1000.wav, DSC_1000.txt, etc.), that any move/copy actions act on all the files.

You can turn off the visibility of unsupported filetypes from the View menu.  Just uncheck "Unknown files as proxies".  I'll see about getting your .FLT files associated with their images.

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unsupported file types
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:55:36 PM »
Deven,

Do these .FLT files only get created for RAW files (regardless of whether you have a JPEG)?  Or do they also get created if you are just working with a JPEG or TIFF for example?

--dennis