Author Topic: PM Classic Template - additional features  (Read 8166 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
PM Classic Template - additional features
« on: June 28, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »
I like to use the PM Classic template to creat my galleries for use on my website created with Frontpage, as this template seems to work the easiest (even some of the flash templates would be great, but they cause problems with the Frontpage extension after customizing them).

Unfortunately, the following features are not available in the PM fClassic template, and I wonder whether these can be added:
1. Define picture display size (wide x hight) to autoamtically resize pictures during export
2. Add watermark to picture during export
3. Add caption based on variables during export

Thanks,
Archer

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Classic Template - additional features
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »
Archer,

I like to use the PM Classic template to creat my galleries for use on my website created with Frontpage, as this template seems to work the easiest (even some of the flash templates would be great, but they cause problems with the Frontpage extension after customizing them).

Unfortunately, the following features are not available in the PM fClassic template, and I wonder whether these can be added:
1. Define picture display size (wide x hight) to autoamtically resize pictures during export
2. Add watermark to picture during export
3. Add caption based on variables during export

All of the features you listed are currently available in the PM Classic template.

1) You get to choose the size of both the thumbnails and the full size images.
2) You can apply a watermark.
3) You can use variables in the thumbs page text and in the full size image pages.

All of this has always been possible since 4.5.0...

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »
Upsss,

Thanks Kirk. I just looked at the dialoge ... and there is a scroll bar I simply overlooked. How stuppied. Could have safed myslef a lot or work.

Sorry for this oversight and thanks.

Archer

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »
Archer,

Upsss,

Thanks Kirk. I just looked at the dialoge ... and there is a scroll bar I simply overlooked. How stuppied. Could have safed myslef a lot or work.

Sorry for this oversight and thanks.

Please note that you can indeed resize that dialog if you have room for it on your monitor, and can possibly make that scroll bar go away.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

Resizing works perfectly and it stays the selected size even after closing and reopening. Great.

Now I have another problem using PM Classic (or I guess any of the templats):

After downloading new pictures I rename them to look like that:

Original Filename (out of camera): _PAS2374.JPG

After renaming: 070424_PAS2374_JH_Hawaii Island Oahu.JPG

If I use this picture in a webgallery, I actually would like to use for each picture only the first 14 caracters to be displayed and scrap whatever comes after that, no matter what, so it would like this:

070424_PAS2374

But somehow I'm not able to do this using the filename variable to rename during export, but seem unable to figure out what exaclty I have to enter. I can't figure it out what the correct variables are (either it deletes the first 14 or only the last 14, but never all except the first 14). And I can't find the post where you explained that.

Thanks,
Archer

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »
Archer,

Now I have another problem using PM Classic (or I guess any of the templats):

After downloading new pictures I rename them to look like that:

Original Filename (out of camera): _PAS2374.JPG

After renaming: 070424_PAS2374_JH_Hawaii Island Oahu.JPG

If I use this picture in a webgallery, I actually would like to use for each picture only the first 14 caracters to be displayed and scrap whatever comes after that, no matter what, so it would like this:

070424_PAS2374

But somehow I'm not able to do this using the filename variable to rename during export, but seem unable to figure out what exaclty I have to enter. I can't figure it out what the correct variables are (either it deletes the first 14 or only the last 14, but never all except the first 14). And I can't find the post where you explained that.

{filenamebase:0,14}

...should do what you're looking for.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 07:12:53 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

That did the trick  ;D.

I was trying it way too complicated.

Regards,
Archer