Author Topic: Copy / Paste across contact sheet tabs  (Read 3237 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Copy / Paste across contact sheet tabs
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »
When I select/copy an image on a contact sheet then switch to another contact sheet, shouldn't I be able paste that image into the new contact sheet?

With the new "load selection" feature, I can select a number of images that I may not be able to see due to the number of images in the open folder.  I thought I could just do a CTRL+C, switch to a new contact sheet tab, and then do a CTRL+V (the Windows Copy and Paste shortcut keys).  This behavior appears in 4.5.1.1 and 4.5.2 Beta so I don't think it is a 4.5.2 bug.

Do I have to find the first selected image and then drag it in Navigator to the destination folder instead of copy/pasting?  If so, it would be nice if the "Load Selection" feature positioned the contact sheet view to the first selected image so I didn't have to scroll to find it.

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy / Paste across contact sheet tabs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »
Mike,

When I select/copy an image on a contact sheet then switch to another contact sheet, shouldn't I be able paste that image into the new contact sheet?

There is no cut/copy/paste of images in Photo Mechanic.

Quote from: FairfieldPhoto
With the new "load selection" feature, I can select a number of images that I may not be able to see due to the number of images in the open folder.  I thought I could just do a CTRL+C, switch to a new contact sheet tab, and then do a CTRL+V (the Windows Copy and Paste shortcut keys).  This behavior appears in 4.5.1.1 and 4.5.2 Beta so I don't think it is a 4.5.2 bug.

Do I have to find the first selected image and then drag it in Navigator to the destination folder instead of copy/pasting?  If so, it would be nice if the "Load Selection" feature positioned the contact sheet view to the first selected image so I didn't have to scroll to find it.

I would use the View menu to view Selected Photos only which will make all of the other images disappear temporarily.  Then you can use drag and drop from one tab to another, or you can drag and drop photos onto the Navigator's folders.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Copy / Paste across contact sheet tabs
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »
Fair enough.  Thanks for the prompt reply Kirk.  Enjoy your weekend.

-Mike