Author Topic: export ingest,caption settings  (Read 9916 times)

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
export ingest,caption settings
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:01:04 AM »
Myself and a friend are doing a joint project, we both have PM. I would like us both to be using the same ingest and caption info. I notice I can take a snapshot of,for instance, the ingest dialog window, where is this stored? can I email it to him? can he then load it somehow?
Both are windoze boxes.
Roy Feldman

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: export ingest,caption settings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:38:33 AM »
Once you've saved your settings to a snapshot, hold the 'Shift' key (on Windows, 'Option' on Mac) while selecting the snapshot entry. This will take you to where the snapshot files are stored on your computer. I'd imagine (and I'm sure Kirk will politely correct me if I'm wrong) you could simply copy these files over to the corresponding folders on your friend's machine.

Cheers,
Tony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: export ingest,caption settings
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »
Once you've saved your settings to a snapshot, hold the 'Shift' key (on Windows, 'Option' on Mac) while selecting the snapshot entry. This will take you to where the snapshot files are stored on your computer. I'd imagine (and I'm sure Kirk will politely correct me if I'm wrong) you could simply copy these files over to the corresponding folders on your friend's machine.

Tony is correct and this should work for the most part.  The only thing that is likely to be of concern is the Primary and Secondary destination paths because the drives that exist on one system may not exist on the other system.  But this can be easily corrected by just loading up the snapshot and then choose new destinations.

-Kirk