Author Topic: Structured Keyword support and another question  (Read 4211 times)

Offline edcatlett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured Keyword support and another question
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »
Are structured keywords ever going to be supported in Windows?  A couple of months ago it looked like they would be and that it was a priority but I still haven't seen anything on it.

The other question is how do I know for sure that I have 4.5.1.1 installed?  I have tried help about and it just keeps saying 4.5 after the install of 4.5.1.1.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keyword support and another question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
Are structured keywords ever going to be supported in Windows?  A couple of months ago it looked like they would be and that it was a priority but I still haven't seen anything on it.

It was my highest priority for version 4.5.2.  I completed it a number of days ago and it has appeared in the currently available 4.5.2 beta.  See the Announcements section for details on how to obtain the beta.

Quote from: edcatlett
The other question is how do I know for sure that I have 4.5.1.1 installed?  I have tried help about and it just keeps saying 4.5 after the install of 4.5.1.1.

Then you are still executing the 4.5 version even though you now have the 4.5.1.1 version installed.  This mostly happens on Windows.  Here is what I recommend you do.  Use the Add/Remove programs control panel to uninstall Photo Mechanic until there is no Photo Mechanic left on your system.  Restart your system.  Then reinstall 4.5.1.1.

Now there should only be 4.5.1.1 on your system.

-Kirk

Offline edcatlett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Structured Keyword support and another question
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:10:46 AM »
Thank you for both bits of info sir!

I guess I've waited this long I'll just wait for the production version.  Glad to hear it is near.