Author Topic: Sending images to Photoshop  (Read 4896 times)

Offline tphillips

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sending images to Photoshop
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »
Currently the only way I can send images to PS to open, is to drag and drop.
Using control e opens in "preview" and option control e opens in some other usless program that I should get rid of one day.
The problem occurs with Raw + jpg where PS will open both.

Can we get a button or two on the tool bar to "open Raw in PS" and "open jpg in PS"?

TP

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sending images to Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:49:25 PM »
TP,

Currently the only way I can send images to PS to open, is to drag and drop.
Using control e opens in "preview" and option control e opens in some other usless program that I should get rid of one day.
The problem occurs with Raw + jpg where PS will open both.

Can we get a button or two on the tool bar to "open Raw in PS" and "open jpg in PS"?

This is usually pretty much an automated process.  Have you setup your editors in Launching tab of the Preferences dialog?  You can choose a default editor, and you can even assign a particular editor for each file type that Photo Mechanic supports.

Once setup, Command-E will launch a photo with a given editor so no toolbar button is necessary.  Holding down the Option key will toggle your RAW+JPEG preference.

-Kirk

Offline tphillips

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »
Thats done it thanks ::)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »
I'm guessing therefore that just double-clicking a jpeg in the Finder will also open it in Preview?  You can change this by selecting one jpeg, hit Command-I, change the "Open with" menu to PS, then press the change all button to change all jpegs to open in PS.  Another useful app is RCDefaultApp, a free preference pane which lets you easily set the system default applications for all file types, URLs, etc.