Author Topic: Customizable Shortcuts  (Read 4200 times)

Offline CHudnall

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Customizable Shortcuts
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:47:15 AM »
I know this has been asked before, but never a definitive answer given.

Will customizable shortcuts be arriving to PM?

Default shortcuts are great, but some items don't have a shortcut, so I would like to add my own, as well as change default shortcuts.  I want to customize to my liking and workflow.

Back in April, Kirk told a member that this was not currently available, does that mean it will be in the future? If yes, approximate timeline?

To sum it up:

Allow customizable shortcuts (in Preferences) for all items, have option to reset shortcuts to default settings.

Thanks!
Support Info: Windows XP Pro SP1 on 19" Gateway PC, Windows XP Home SP2 on 17" HP Pavillion zd8000.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Customizable Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »
I know this has been asked before, but never a definitive answer given.

Will customizable shortcuts be arriving to PM?

Default shortcuts are great, but some items don't have a shortcut, so I would like to add my own, as well as change default shortcuts.  I want to customize to my liking and workflow.

Back in April, Kirk told a member that this was not currently available, does that mean it will be in the future? If yes, approximate timeline?

To sum it up:

Allow customizable shortcuts (in Preferences) for all items, have option to reset shortcuts to default settings.

I do want to add such a feature.  I don't have a timeline for its implementation however.  It is not simple to do at this point.

-Kirk

Offline CHudnall

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:53:17 AM »
Speak of the devil!  :D

That's all I needed to know, thanks Kirk!
Support Info: Windows XP Pro SP1 on 19" Gateway PC, Windows XP Home SP2 on 17" HP Pavillion zd8000.

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:48:54 AM »
Hey....I found this MACINTOSH program (actually a Mac OS (haxie) System Preference) that allows you to change/modify/add shortcuts...

http://unsanity.com/haxies/menumaster

"Menu Master is a haxie that allows you to change or remove menu shortcut keys in any application with ease. It takes about 15 seconds to learn how to use Menu Master, and saves you lots of time later because you can use the shortcuts you defined and do not bother remembering which ones the developer of the software invented for you. Additionally, you can set shortcuts to any menu item that had no shortcuts, or remove shortcuts from menu items."

It's awesome!

Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:14:32 AM »
On a Mac, you can also set whatever keyboard shortcuts you want, on an app-by-app basis, using the ingeniously titled Keyboard Shortcuts tab of the normal OS X Keyboard and Mouse preference pane.