Author Topic: Advance after mark?  (Read 8611 times)

Offline gregnicholson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Advance after mark?
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:28:38 AM »
I've asked myself a couple of times on this, and I can't quite seem to understand why I don't ask Camera Bits... So I'm taking the opportunity to ask on the new forum!

Is there the ability to have PM automatically advance when a Picture is marked with the numeric shortcuts in the preview mode?  If I'm doing a sort pass on a contact sheet, by the time I'm ready to catagorize a picture, I'm done with it, time to move on.  So it's always, number key, then relocate to arrow keys, and repeat. 

It's not a HUGE thing, but it sure would be great to save that step on large sheets!  I'm actually a bit surprised it's not already part of the package (and if it is, PLEASE let me know!!!!  :) )

Thanks,

Greg Nicholson

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Advance after mark?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:03 AM »
Is there the ability to have PM automatically advance when a Picture is marked with the numeric shortcuts in the preview mode?  If I'm doing a sort pass on a contact sheet, by the time I'm ready to catagorize a picture, I'm done with it, time to move on.  So it's always, number key, then relocate to arrow keys, and repeat. 

It's not a HUGE thing, but it sure would be great to save that step on large sheets!  I'm actually a bit surprised it's not already part of the package (and if it is, PLEASE let me know!!!!  :) )

It is not there.  People have asked for it in the past.  I suppose we could have a couple of checkboxes:

[ ] Advance after Tagging
[ ] Advance after Color Class

-Kirk

Offline gregnicholson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:13:19 AM »
That would be wonderful.

I know it seems like a little thing, but this program has enhanced how I deal with files so much, that I'm now hitting the few little things left!

Thanks Kirk!

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
Kirk,
I too would like to see this added! I have a "POS" style keyboard that allows me to program macros and purchased it just for the ability to program marcos for my most often used PM functions. Being able to tap a key and advance to the next frame is the #1 time saver when editing 1200 files.

Eric

Offline garry4

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »
Yes, yes, yes, I can't believe this isn't already a feature.

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
This will be a good feature  ;D

Deven

Offline tourist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
This would be a great feature!  :-)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 02:59:42 AM »
This will be a good feature  ;D

I second that!

I too would like to see this added! I have a "POS" style keyboard that allows me to program macros and purchased it just for the ability to program marcos for my most often used PM functions. Being able to tap a key and advance to the next frame is the #1 time saver when editing 1200 files.

For my laptop I use a similar numeric pad, so this feature would enhance there a lot!

For my desktop however I bought a Nostromo Speed Pad game controller (I seen the idea in some of the PM related forums I cannot find anymore). It's buttons can be set to use specific commands, functions, shorcuts, ETC. But has a scroll wheel and a direction pad as well, so you can use the 30 or more funciton buttons and some selection moving options as well. It is a great time saver too. But too large to pack and move it together with the laptop.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
My favorite keyboard is an old Gateway 2000 AnyKey which has two sets of function keys -- one set above the keys and one set to the left.  You can program any of the keys (not just the function keys) with macros.  The keyboard was discontinued because it was easy to remap keys and caused all sorts of support problems.  However, if you know what your are doing, it can greatly simplify repetitive tasks.  You can still find this keyboard on eBay.

If anyone is aware of new keyboards that are fully macro programmable, let me know.

Deven