Author Topic: Switching From PC to Mac  (Read 4540 times)

Offline kbnovak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Novak Photo
Switching From PC to Mac
« on: July 06, 2007, 01:40:23 PM »
Kirk,

1. I just purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to switch my license from PC (Win XP) to Mac for my version of PM 4.4.3.2--how do I go about that?

2. Is there a way to transfer my saved ingest and IPTC templates over to the Mac?

Thanks.

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Switching From PC to Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »
Kevin,

1. I just purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to switch my license from PC (Win XP) to Mac for my version of PM 4.4.3.2--how do I go about that?

Just enter the same registration information from your PC on your Mac.  Please get the 4.4.3.3 update however since it is the latest version of the 4.4 series.

Quote from: kbnovak
2. Is there a way to transfer my saved ingest and IPTC templates over to the Mac?

Yes, you can transfer (copy) the snapshots.  You need to open each dialog that you want to copy snapshots from, click on the snapshot button, and then hold down the Shift key when selecting one of the snapshots.  A Windows Explorer window will appear with the snapshot selected.  Now you know where that dialog's snapshots are located.

Then on the Mac, in the same dialog, create a temporary snapshot.  Then click on the snapshot button again to display the popup menu and hold down the Option key while selecting your new temporary snapshot.  A Finder window will come forward with the snapshot selected.  Now you know where your snapshots for that dialog are stored on your Mac.

Now copy snapshot files from your PC to your Mac with networking or CF cards, USB drives, etc.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »
Just enter the same registration information from your PC on your Mac.

Excellent (kinda counted on that one); we will be switching to Mac somewhere before the end of the year too, so this is an excellent confirmation  :)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline kbnovak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Novak Photo
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »
Many thanks.

That did the trick.