Author Topic: Sync images side by side display  (Read 4782 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Sync images side by side display
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
Sometime I like to view two identical images zoomed to 100% side by side to see which one is sharper.  I would like to be able to sync the dragging of the images such that when I moved the left image the right image would also move the same amount.  Perhaps this could be implemented by pressing the Alt or Ctrl keys when dragging.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sync images side by side display
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:59:21 PM »
Deven,

Sometime I like to view two identical images zoomed to 100% side by side to see which one is sharper.  I would like to be able to sync the dragging of the images such that when I moved the left image the right image would also move the same amount.  Perhaps this could be implemented by pressing the Alt or Ctrl keys when dragging.

That's what the Lock scrolling checkbox does.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »
I usually keep the Zoom panel that contains that checkbox closed so I did not notice it.

Also, when you are in full screen mode, that checkbox is not visible so if you want to toggle scroll lock you have to revert to non full screen mode, click on scroll locking, and return to full screen mode.  Quite a few steps.

I would suggest that scroll locking be engaged by simply holding down the ALT or CTRL keys while dragging.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »
Deven,

I usually keep the Zoom panel that contains that checkbox closed so I did not notice it.

Also, when you are in full screen mode, that checkbox is not visible so if you want to toggle scroll lock you have to revert to non full screen mode, click on scroll locking, and return to full screen mode.  Quite a few steps.

Simply pressing the 'L' key will toggle the feature on and off.  I hope you'll find this acceptable.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:43 AM »
Deven,

I would suggest that scroll locking be engaged by simply holding down the ALT or CTRL keys while dragging.

The Ctrl key is used to zoom in and out of specific details in the image.  When non-zoomed, a Ctrl-click on an area of the photo will zoom in and center that detail in the preview pane.  Ctrl-clicking when zoomed will go back to being non-zoomed/fit-to-screen mode.

I suppose the Alt key could be used, but the functionality is fairly easy to engage with the 'L' key.  (Note that you don't have to hold down the Shift key when typing the L key.)  It's just a single keystroke.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
Quite acceptable  :)  Thanks for pointing that out -- there is a lot to learn!

Deven