Author Topic: Droplet Location  (Read 4144 times)

Offline ckiffney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Droplet Location
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:51:43 PM »
Hello,

I'm demoing Photo Mechanic for the first time in a few years (never got the earlier versions), and so far it's great.

I'm trying to apply a Photoshop action to selected files where I've cropped the image in Photo Mechanic. So I would like to apply the crop and then apply the action (which also has a save step). I think the answer is to use a droplet, which I've created, but I don't know how to point Photo Mechanic to the droplet. I've never used droplets before, just actions, and I haven't been able to figure out if there is a specific location where PM looks for the droplet.

Thanks for any help. Also, if there is another way to do this other than pointing to a droplet, please let me know.

Thanks,
Christina Kiffney

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Droplet Location
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »
Christina,

I'm trying to apply a Photoshop action to selected files where I've cropped the image in Photo Mechanic. So I would like to apply the crop and then apply the action (which also has a save step). I think the answer is to use a droplet, which I've created, but I don't know how to point Photo Mechanic to the droplet. I've never used droplets before, just actions, and I haven't been able to figure out if there is a specific location where PM looks for the droplet.

In the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog, near the bottom of the dialog is a place for you to choose where your droplets are located.  The item is titled "Photoshop Droplets location:" and there is a "Choose..." button that will allow you to pick the folder where you have saved your set of Droplets.

-Kirk

Offline ckiffney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Thanks Kirk. I've been able to do that but have a follow-up question. I'd like to apply cropping and send to a droplet for a few automated steps that include saving. I'm now doing that in two steps... applying the crop by saving it as a TIF and then sending the TIF to a droplet for automated processing. Is there a way to do that in one step?

Thank you,
Christina

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 04:02:15 PM »
Christina,

Thanks Kirk. I've been able to do that but have a follow-up question. I'd like to apply cropping and send to a droplet for a few automated steps that include saving. I'm now doing that in two steps... applying the crop by saving it as a TIF and then sending the TIF to a droplet for automated processing. Is there a way to do that in one step?

No, unfortunately there is currently no way to do both operations in one step.

-Kirk