Author Topic: 4.5.2 Beta - Labels and Ratings don't work  (Read 9368 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
4.5.2 Beta - Labels and Ratings don't work
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:05:29 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I downloaded the latest Beta version today and just ingested some pictures I took tonight.

When I wanted to label and star rate them I found following problem:

1. You can apply the initial label (lets say red) to a picture all right, but after that you can not change this label anymore. Neither mouse comands nor keyboard shortcuts work.
2. I cannot apply star rating, neither with mouse or keyboard to any picture. If I use the mouse and hit rating 3 (3rd star), the 3 stars become active, but disapear as soon as I let the mouse go. Keyboard inputs don't do anything at all.

Thanks,
Archer

PS: This not only goes for pictures I want to label or to rate new, but I also can't change any already previousely rated/labeled pictures.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:08:05 PM by archer69 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5.2 Beta - Labels and Ratings don't work
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »
Archer,

I downloaded the latest Beta version today and just ingested some pictures I took tonight.

When I wanted to label and star rate them I found following problem:

1. You can apply the initial label (lets say red) to a picture all right, but after that you can not change this label anymore. Neither mouse comands nor keyboard shortcuts work.
2. I cannot apply star rating, neither with mouse or keyboard to any picture. If I use the mouse and hit rating 3 (3rd star), the 3 stars become active, but disapear as soon as I let the mouse go. Keyboard inputs don't do anything at all.

I am able to reproduce the problem and I will look into it.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Any update on this (I know it's weekend, sorry)?

Let me know whether you found the problem and if there will be another beta with a fix. If no I will go back to 4.5.1 (will miss the structured keywords though) and wait for the official 4.5.2 release.

Thanks,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »
Archer,

Any update on this (I know it's weekend, sorry)?

Let me know whether you found the problem and if there will be another beta with a fix. If no I will go back to 4.5.1 (will miss the structured keywords though) and wait for the official 4.5.2 release.

We will likely have another beta tomorrow.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »
Kirk,

Archer,

We will likely have another beta tomorrow.

-Kirk

Thanks for the update :).

I have another problem (happens with 4.5.2 Beta as well as 4.5.1.1) with the ingest dialoge and applying IPTC stationary.

I can ingest from the card without problem. But if I try to apply IPTC stationary during ingest and I open IPTC stationary window from within the ingest dialoge to change the IPTC information, I can open the window, change the information, but when I try to close it with the changed info PM hangs and I have to force it closed with the task manager.

While it hangs, it also uses about 60-70% of my dual core intel processor capability (with not other program open and only a few background processes running, which usually use 1-2% only).

To be honest, it's the first time I tried to apply IPTC directly during ingest, so I don't know whether it would have worked prior to the two version mentioned above. Any idea what happens?

Thanks,
Archer

Offline jimb

• View Profile
4.5.2 Beta 0709 - Color class problem persists
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 04:48:52 AM »
Running PM 4.5.2b0709 on a Win XP system...

It appears there is still a problem with assigning color classes. I cannot select "None" to reset a color class using any method---context menu, shortcut key, or the menu. Other color classes can be set and changed ok. Star ratings seem to work properly.

Some additional info:
This appears to be related to the display of the color class, not the value. Assuming the interaction between Lightroom and PM is still functioning properly (it was in previous versions), LR sees the "None" label. So it appears the value is being set properly in XMP, but the PM display is incorrect. I've also sometimes observed that when you try to set the label to "None" in PM, it changes the displayed color.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:02:55 AM by jimb »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5.2 Beta 0709 - Color class problem persists
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »
Jim,

Running PM 4.5.2b0709 on a Win XP system...

It appears there is still a problem with assigning color classes. I cannot select "None" to reset a color class using any method---context menu, shortcut key, or the menu. Other color classes can be set and changed ok. Star ratings seem to work properly.

Some additional info:
This appears to be related to the display of the color class, not the value. Assuming the interaction between Lightroom and PM is still functioning properly (it was in previous versions), LR sees the "None" label. So it appears the value is being set properly in XMP, but the PM display is incorrect. I've also sometimes observed that when you try to set the label to "None" in PM, it changes the displayed color.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I will look into it when I get back from my trip.

-Kirk

Offline ocris1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
I have the same problem. Can't set rating for images on a Mac Pro (Intel) OS 10.4.10

This is on 4.5.2 Beta 2

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Also, in the Beta 3,
the tag/untag is now broken
Nati

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »
Win XP; beta 3; I can't reset Color Class to zero / nothing.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 12:09:50 PM »
Archer,

I have another problem (happens with 4.5.2 Beta as well as 4.5.1.1) with the ingest dialoge and applying IPTC stationary.

I can ingest from the card without problem. But if I try to apply IPTC stationary during ingest and I open IPTC stationary window from within the ingest dialoge to change the IPTC information, I can open the window, change the information, but when I try to close it with the changed info PM hangs and I have to force it closed with the task manager.

While it hangs, it also uses about 60-70% of my dual core intel processor capability (with not other program open and only a few background processes running, which usually use 1-2% only).

To be honest, it's the first time I tried to apply IPTC directly during ingest, so I don't know whether it would have worked prior to the two version mentioned above. Any idea what happens?

We have tried to reproduce this issue on our end with no success.  Can you give us any more details that will help us reproduce the problem?

Does this problem persist on the latest 4.5.2 beta?

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »
Kirk,

Archer,

We have tried to reproduce this issue on our end with no success.  Can you give us any more details that will help us reproduce the problem?

-Kirk

Sorry for the late response, I was traveling the last week. I updated to RC1 and ingested several hundred photos, applying the IPTC during ingest, and everything seems to work fine now.n

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »
Archer,

Sorry for the late response, I was traveling the last week. I updated to RC1 and ingested several hundred photos, applying the IPTC during ingest, and everything seems to work fine now.

Good to know, thanks for following up.

-Kirk