Author Topic: assigning PM to image files  (Read 4252 times)

Offline geesbert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • randlkofer photography
assigning PM to image files
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
i've trouble with the assignment of PM as my standard image viewer. i would like to open all image files with PM, but every couple of days it falls back to the OS default. I then have to 'rightclick open with / scroll to PM / click always open with' for every filetype, which is annoying big time. PM doesn't even show up in the recommended list. how can i change that?

I am on pm 4.5.1.1 and MAC os 10.4.9.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: assigning PM to image files
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:34:21 PM »
i've trouble with the assignment of PM as my standard image viewer. i would like to open all image files with PM, but every couple of days it falls back to the OS default. I then have to 'rightclick open with / scroll to PM / click always open with' for every filetype, which is annoying big time. PM doesn't even show up in the recommended list. how can i change that?

I am on pm 4.5.1.1 and MAC os 10.4.9.

I don't know why the system would lose such associations.  Maybe some other software takes them over.  One sure way to browse a given file is to keep PM in the dock and then just drag and drop the image onto the PM icon.

The parent folder will open and the image you dropped will be pre-selected.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: assigning PM to image files
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:49:21 AM »
As I mentioned in another post here, RCDefaultApp lets you set whatever default application you want for each file type.  You could use this to set PM as the system default for jpegs.