Author Topic: Burn CD then iTunes...  (Read 6769 times)

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Burn CD then iTunes...
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »
Kirk...I burned a CD in PM (latest version), later I was attempting to burn a CD via iTunes (OSX 10.4.6)  but iTunes (v 6.0.4) tells me that I can't because another program is using the burner.  I have to quit PM to burn my music.  Is this a bug? 

Delane

Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burn CD then iTunes...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
Kirk...I burned a CD in PM (latest version), later I was attempting to burn a CD via iTunes (OSX 10.4.6)  but iTunes (v 6.0.4) tells me that I can't because another program is using the burner.  I have to quit PM to burn my music.  Is this a bug?

I guess I am not releasing the device after I am done burning.  I will look into this.

Thanks for the heads-up,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »

I looked at the code and I am releasing my reservation on the device.  I burned a disc and I put a breakpoint on the release code.  It executed and released the burner device.  I then went to iTunes and burned a disc with no complaints.

Do you have multiple burner drives or just a single burner drive?

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:58:53 PM »
Only (1) drive...I use a powerbook with no external devices attached.  I'll try again in the morning and go over the specific circumstances and give you the specefic error...

thx

dbr
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713