Author Topic: Shortcut to toggle color/star rating single key shortcuts  (Read 5358 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Shortcut to toggle color/star rating single key shortcuts
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:11:40 PM »
One has to go to Edit | Preferences | General to toggle the use of single key shortcuts for color and star ratings.  If there is enough interest, it might be worthwhile adding a shortcut key to toggle this action.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shortcut to toggle color/star rating single key shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »
Deven,

One has to go to Edit | Preferences | General to toggle the use of single key shortcuts for color and star ratings.  If there is enough interest, it might be worthwhile adding a shortcut key to toggle this action.

Hmm... How often do you need to change that preference?  Several times a day?  I figured it was a set-it-and-forget-it type of setting.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 03:11:37 PM »
I find that on some photos I use the star rating and in others the color ratings are more appropriate, so I do switch back and forth and I like being able to use 0-9 without ALT or CTRL, so for me a toggle shortcut would be a nice feature.  If no one else voices support in this thread, then I can certainly live without it.

Deven

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 07:42:56 AM »
I too find myself changing this setting quite often.  Not often several times a day, but for some jobs I'll go though a set of photos once selecting colour classes, then later go though each colour class in turn setting star ratings.  It would not have to be a single-key shortcut, but maybe a menu item would be nice, to save opening prefs, then finding the right pane, and so on.