Author Topic: {page} of {totl}  (Read 4863 times)

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
{page} of {totl}
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

Hi Kirk et al-

So the {totl} variable references the total number of images being processed... but it would be really nice to be able to have some formulation along the lines of {page} of {totl} in the html exporter, so that instead of the gallery title just saying "page 2", it could say "page 2 of 6" where in this case the total would be the total number of html index pages. (This is how they are presented in the photoshop gallery generation, and it's a nice little convenience) -

Not sure if using the {totl} variable is the right thing, or if you should create a completely new formulation for this function, but it'd be nice.

{seqn} is to {totl}
as
{page} is to {?}

maybe a new variable called {indextotl}?

thanks as always,
-jj

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: {page} of {totl}
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »

sorry to add a followup to my post-> but I wasn't thinking quite strate rather than having "page 1 of 6" as something in the page title using the {page} variable and what not, i'd rather see that as an option for the way of displaying the number of pages that there are.

The current display option is fine for a small number of pages-> it looks like this:

Previous - Next - 1 2 3 4 5 All

However, if you're posting an unedited gallery from an event, and dealing with say a few thousand images, then all of a sudden your menu bar starts getting *really* ugly and convoluted... listing every single index page number can be awkward. Having an option to toggle betweent this display option and the "p 1 of 19" variant would be great.

Thanks!

-jj

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
Re: {page} of {totl}
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
A {pages} variable would be nice. Normally, I would think such a variable might be complicated by the fact that the total number of pages could be hard to predict until all the pages are printed (or the entire gallery is created). However, this value should be easy to calculate since the number of image per pages is already known as well as the number of total images. In fact, when printing Proof Sheets or exporting with the PM Classic template the number of pages is actually shown on screen.

-Ian