Author Topic: Zoom feature difficult to control on a lap-top  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Zoom feature difficult to control on a lap-top
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:03:23 PM »
Hi

I think your zoom feature is a great asset but find that with a lap-top it is very difficult to move the slider in anything like an accurate way. The jumps happen just too quickly particularly at the lower end of the magnification ...which is mostly where we need it. Ideally I would prefer both a user-defined box to enter what magnification I require (which I could "inch" up and down using the up and down arrows as happens in Photoshop boxes) as well as  an easier (probably drop-down) scale of pre-defined magnifications. Your slider as is currently configured is just too sensitive for use on a lap-top. Speaking personally I would also prefer percentage quotients to your numeric ones but that is a personal nicety.

Let me know what you think

Best wishes

Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Zoom feature difficult to control on a lap-top
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
I think your zoom feature is a great asset but find that with a lap-top it is very difficult to move the slider in anything like an accurate way. The jumps happen just too quickly particularly at the lower end of the magnification ...which is mostly where we need it. Ideally I would prefer both a user-defined box to enter what magnification I require (which I could "inch" up and down using the up and down arrows as happens in Photoshop boxes) as well as  an easier (probably drop-down) scale of pre-defined magnifications. Your slider as is currently configured is just too sensitive for use on a lap-top. Speaking personally I would also prefer percentage quotients to your numeric ones but that is a personal nicety.

Why not just use the '+' and '-' keys?  Then you don't even have to move your mouse pointer to the control.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Re: Zoom feature difficult to control on a lap-top
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »
Perfect ...another case of not having read the manual properly.

Apologies & thank you

Best wishes

Stephen