Author Topic: Hang On Startup ?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline alienfreak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hang On Startup ?
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:25:39 PM »
I saw this thread from quite a ways back on this topic : http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=502.0

For what its worth, I am seeing occasional hangs on startup in version 4.5.1.1.  The splash screen just hangs.  It can be killed with the "force quit" option (didn't check the activitiy monitor).  It always starts perfectly the next time.  Has happened to me several times recently.  Before (and after) I upped to 10.4.10 and after I took the latest update to PM.

Mac, non intel,G4 1.5 GHZ, 1GB RAM, other various apps running at times...

Hope that helps, let me know if any further info would be helpful.

Gregg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hang On Startup ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
Gregg,

For what its worth, I am seeing occasional hangs on startup in version 4.5.1.1.  The splash screen just hangs.  It can be killed with the "force quit" option (didn't check the activitiy monitor).  It always starts perfectly the next time.  Has happened to me several times recently.  Before (and after) I upped to 10.4.10 and after I took the latest update to PM.

Mac, non intel,G4 1.5 GHZ, 1GB RAM, other various apps running at times...

Hope that helps, let me know if any further info would be helpful.

Do you have PM keep a large image cache for you that you keep persistent?  If you tell PM to keep images even after quitting, PM has to reacquaint itself with the images in the cache and that can indeed take some time.

-Kirk