Author Topic: CAPTURE DATE/TIME NOT CORRECT IN NIKON CAPTURE GENERATED JPG'S AFTER BATCH IPTC  (Read 2662 times)

Offline tk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have recently noticed that the capture date and time will not display correctly in jpg's generated by Nikon Capture 4.4.2 from D200 NEF's after batch application of the IPTC field with the date field checked and set to capture time in the drop down menu. The interesting thing is that the capture date and time show correctly in the NEF's that were the original source for the jpg's. The date that appears is a random date that is neither today's date, nor the capture or modification date. If I go into the individual file IPTC field and change the drop down menu from date to capture time, the correct capture date/time will be displayed, but will not stay saved after I click save in the right hand box.

Help appreciated!

Thanks,

Thom

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Have you edited the images in particular with another image editing program?

I had a similar problem you described when I was testing Lightroom (don't use it anymore). If I had altered/cleared the date there, it would freak out PM.  The solution was in the XMP sidecar file, half of the date-time field stays present, confusing PM.
Removing the offending date/time fields from the XMP and performing an IPTC sync solved the problem for me.

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl