Author Topic: Some PS files view incorrectly  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Annie P

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Some PS files view incorrectly
« on: July 15, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »
I recently downloaded the most recent version of PM to demo - have had an older version for some time.  I have the most recent version of QuickTime installed.  OS is Windows XP.

I have a folder of .psd files.  99% of them view correctly; however, there are a very few that display strangely.  I have tried to attach one as an example.  Others just display very strange colors.  I've tried resaving the PS file - same problem.  I always save the files to maximize compatibility with other programs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is the problem? Any ideas what I can do to correct the problem?

Also - is there any way I can set it such that the .xmp files do NOT display?

Many thanks for any input.

Annie P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Annie P

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Some PS files view incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:37:39 PM »
I forgot to mention - when PM initially shows the thumbnails and the filename is red below, the image shows correctly.  It's after PM has read the file that it displays strangely.

I tried taking one of the files and flattening the layers and resaving - PM still does not read it correctly.

Annie P

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:22:32 AM »
Annie,

I forgot to mention - when PM initially shows the thumbnails and the filename is red below, the image shows correctly.  It's after PM has read the file that it displays strangely.

I tried taking one of the files and flattening the layers and resaving - PM still does not read it correctly.

Can you send me one of your files please?  Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message and then send me a personal message.  I will reply with server upload information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Annie P

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »
Just an update.  The problem with this particular .psd file was the fact that it had an alpha channel.  Once this channel was removed, the file displayed correctly.

Annie P.