Author Topic: Stationary Pad Problems  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationary Pad Problems
« on: July 15, 2007, 07:09:13 PM »
I have PM 4.5.1.1 and I completed the captioning in the stationary pad and transmitted the images.  Captions went through fine.  I had to resize those images and transmit them again.  I didn't check the stationary pad the second time assuming all the information would be intact.  I just found out that none of the caption info transmitted on the second batch and after going  back to check, the whole stationary pad is empty.  The older version had check boxes to retain certain fields but this version doesn't.  How do I make sure the caption info is saved and stays intact with the image.  Also, on the original captioning of these images I completed the stationary pad and tried to copy and paste to the balance and the pasting would never take on the batch.  If I copy and paste one at a time all is well.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any input.  I'm on Windows XP.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 04:25:47 AM by Gray »

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: Stationary Pad Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:03:55 AM »
Did you possibly use the local stationary pad to do the initial captioning during ingest? If so, those settings wouldn't have showed up in the global stationary pad used for the later transmit.

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:56:34 AM »
I have to ask a stupid question I guess.  I'm not sure I know the difference between the two stationary pads.  I usually take a sample image and open it's stationary pad and fill out the caption info.  Once that is done I would copy image and paste to the rest of the gallery.  Am I doing that in the wrong Sta. pad?  Also, does 4.5.1.1 supposed to have the check boxes or has that been eliminated?   Thanks for your help. gray

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:38 AM »
I have to ask a stupid question I guess.  I'm not sure I know the difference between the two stationary pads.

The stationary pad you see everywhere, including ingest if selected, is the "Global" pad. During ingest, you may optionally select a "Local" stationary pad that is local to the ingest snapshot you are using. Values in the local pad are distinct from the global pad. That's why I asked if you assigned the initial captions during ingest.

I usually take a sample image and open it's stationary pad and fill out the caption info.  Once that is done I would copy image and paste to the rest of the gallery.  Am I doing that in the wrong Sta. pad? 

I'm confused by what you say here. What do you mean by copy and paste---aren't you simply applying the stationary to a batch of selected images?

Also, does 4.5.1.1 supposed to have the check boxes or has that been eliminated?   Thanks for your help. gray

The check boxes are present.

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:06 AM »
I didn't apply the info in the stationary pad until my edit was complete.  I then enter the info in the pad on one image.  I take a snapshot of that pad and paste it to the rest of the images.  That's always worked in the past.  My new version of PM for Windows does NOT have the check boxes.  With NO checkboxes I've been a little confused on how to save information to certain fields.  If you're saying the new version should have the same checkboxes next to the fields, then how can I not have them?  This may be where the problem is.  gray

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:14:58 AM »
I didn't apply the info in the stationary pad until my edit was complete.  I then enter the info in the pad on one image.  I take a snapshot of that pad and paste it to the rest of the images.  That's always worked in the past. 

Sorry for my confusion...I never use this approach. But I just tried it in the ver 4.5.2 beta and it worked fine. One drawback is that it pastes the content of all the fields. Using the stationary pad, you have more control over what fields get modified because of the check boxes.

My new version of PM for Windows does NOT have the check boxes.  With NO checkboxes I've been a little confused on how to save information to certain fields.  If you're saying the new version should have the same checkboxes next to the fields, then how can I not have them?  This may be where the problem is.  gray

The check boxes are only present on the stationary pad you view with Ctrl-I or from the image menu. If you click the "i" icon on a thumbnail, you see the IPTC Info panel, which does not have check boxes.

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »
I think you have just solved my problem.  I didn't know about the Ctrl I.  I always used the I icon only.  In previous versions I don't recall using ctrl I so will check that out.  Thanks for all your help.  gray