Author Topic: Problem with rename field in Ingest Dialoge  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Problem with rename field in Ingest Dialoge
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:45:12 AM »
Kirk,

This is in the XP version, 4.5.2 Beta 4 (but not sure it's also in previous versions as I didn't try it before).

If I set the option to rename during ingest and want to rename the original file obmiting the first character, I have to enter {fbas:1}.

But if I try to enter the ':' in the rename box with 'SHIFT'+';' (to get the ':'), it instead enters a dash '-'. I have to open the caracter map and copy/past the ':' to get it into the rename box.

In all other dialoges with rename options it seems to work fine using 'SHIFT'+';'
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:48:47 AM by archer69 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with rename field in Ingest Dialoge
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
This is in the XP version, 4.5.2 Beta 4 (but not sure it's also in previous versions as I didn't try it before).

If I set the option to rename during ingest and want to rename the original file obmiting the first character, I have to enter {fbas:1}.

But if I try to enter the ':' in the rename box with 'SHIFT'+';' (to get the ':'), it instead enters a dash '-'. I have to open the caracter map and copy/past the ':' to get it into the rename box.

In all other dialoges with rename options it seems to work fine using 'SHIFT'+';'

That would be a problem.  I'll look into it.  This will likely be a problem in the Rename dialog as well.

Thanks for the info.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »
Kirk,

That would be a problem.  I'll look into it.  This will likely be a problem in the Rename dialog as well.

Actually no, in the Rename dialoge it works fine. Just in the Ingest dialoge it seems not to work. And it's on both my XP desktop workstation and XP laptop.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
Archer,

Actually no, in the Rename dialoge it works fine. Just in the Ingest dialoge it seems not to work. And it's on both my XP desktop workstation and XP laptop.

Now I remember.  This is intentional.  There is a workaround, however.  You need to create the variable first, including both the open and close curly braces { and } and then move back and add your substring characters.  Then it will work fine.

I can explain why it replaces your characters when you haven't yet 'closed' your variable before you enter the substring characters if you'd like but it is rather technical.

-Kirk