Author Topic: beta issues?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline tomoc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Cloudview Images
beta issues?
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »
Hi Kirk-

I know you warn us not to use the beta versions for production... but I have been. However, the string of betas makes me wonder if I'm not suicidal? Are there some specific issues we should worry about? or perhaps just go back to the release version until it's soup?

I LOVE the structured keywords feature (would be great to be even a little more integrated but GREAT)... but maybe I am jumping the gun to use it???

thanks...hate to pester you... I know you didn't want beta versions either, so I've been reluctant to ask this...

cheers,

tom
Tom O'Connell
Cloudview Images

TomOC@earthlink.net
www.CloudViewImages.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: beta issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:03:47 PM »
Tom,

I know you warn us not to use the beta versions for production... but I have been. However, the string of betas makes me wonder if I'm not suicidal? Are there some specific issues we should worry about? or perhaps just go back to the release version until it's soup?

I LOVE the structured keywords feature (would be great to be even a little more integrated but GREAT)... but maybe I am jumping the gun to use it???

thanks...hate to pester you... I know you didn't want beta versions either, so I've been reluctant to ask this...

Generally the betas are safe, we just put the disclaimer in for good measure.  We like to get feedback from users before we finalize any version.   PM is a powerful and flexible application that can be used in so many different ways that it is difficult to test everything.  User feedback is very helpful.

-Kirk

Offline tomoc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Cloudview Images
Re: beta issues?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
That's all the assurance I needed... anything can go wrong, but nothing has (ever) with PM for me, so I'll keep upgrading the betas... thanks,

tom
Tom O'Connell
Cloudview Images

TomOC@earthlink.net
www.CloudViewImages.com