Author Topic: MySQL calls via Ruby Uploader Scripts?  (Read 3611 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
MySQL calls via Ruby Uploader Scripts?
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:43:25 AM »
Is it possible to make MySQL calls to a remote database via the new Ruby-based uploader script process?  I don't use PhotoShelter nor Digital Railroad -- I have a newly purchased shopping cart I manage myself on my webhost.  I would like to be able to resize images then send the thumb and display images to my web-host via PM as well call some type of process that will insert the necessary rows into my shopping cart system's MySQL database.  I have the resize thumb/display images part working and can see how the FTP upload API (generally) works.  The last thing I would need is to be able to do the MySQL calls.

Thanks.

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: MySQL calls via Ruby Uploader Scripts?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »
Mike,

Is it possible to make MySQL calls to a remote database via the new Ruby-based uploader script process?  I don't use PhotoShelter nor Digital Railroad -- I have a newly purchased shopping cart I manage myself on my webhost.  I would like to be able to resize images then send the thumb and display images to my web-host via PM as well call some type of process that will insert the necessary rows into my shopping cart system's MySQL database.  I have the resize thumb/display images part working and can see how the FTP upload API (generally) works.  The last thing I would need is to be able to do the MySQL calls.

All templates run inside of a "sandbox" for security purposes.  Accessing a database from a template would be off-limits currently.

Ruby is definitely capable of communicating with databases directly.  We would need to allow that on our end.

Please contact us directly with more details about what kind of access you need.

-Kirk