Author Topic: Thunderbird  (Read 3263 times)

Offline randy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thunderbird
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
I searched the archives but don't seem to see what I am looking for. In PM is there a way I can change my email preference from one of the five listed to an additional one. I am using Mozilla's Thunderbird for my regular email. When I tried to bypass it by using Apples Mail  an error message came up which said that my smtp server doesn't support authentification and I can't find a way of turning that off in the advanced settings. Thanks for your help.
Randy Vanderveeb

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:11:59 AM »
Randy,

I searched the archives but don't seem to see what I am looking for. In PM is there a way I can change my email preference from one of the five listed to an additional one. I am using Mozilla's Thunderbird for my regular email. When I tried to bypass it by using Apples Mail  an error message came up which said that my smtp server doesn't support authentification and I can't find a way of turning that off in the advanced settings. Thanks for your help.

Thunderbird on the Mac is not supported because (the last time I checked) it didn't support AppleScript.  There should be a way that you can use Apple's Mail application to use your email account to at least send email.  Is there something special about your smtp server that keeps it from working with the Mail application?

-Kirk

Offline randy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderbird
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:29:20 PM »
Kirk Thanks I figured it out. It was a problem with the mac Mail settings. It now is working. Thanks for your quick reply. Randy