Author Topic: Unsupported Operation  (Read 2917 times)

Offline b_aoki123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unsupported Operation
« on: July 24, 2007, 03:02:26 PM »
Upon booting PM I get "An Unsupported Operation was attempted" Photo Mechanic error.

Also upon exiting the reopening of PM required me to go to Task Manager and shut down the PhotoMechanic.exe that remains active after the program is exited.

PM 4.5.1.1
Windows XP SP2 Current with all patches

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unsupported Operation
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »
Upon booting PM I get "An Unsupported Operation was attempted" Photo Mechanic error.

Also upon exiting the reopening of PM required me to go to Task Manager and shut down the PhotoMechanic.exe that remains active after the program is exited.

PM 4.5.1.1
Windows XP SP2 Current with all patches

I don't know why that would happen.  If you would like more direct troubleshooting help, contact support@camerabits.com or call 503-531-8430.

-Kirk

Offline vinnie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Vincent MacNamara Photography
Re: Unsupported Operation
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »
I've started getting this error message at the splash screen also. I'm not too concerned about it - just want to report the message, as PM seems to function without any problem after I click ok. I don't have to kill the app on exit though. Win XP SP2, 2GB RAM, PM 4.5.2. I recently covered an event where I had about 10,000 photos sprerad over 5 folders and my system locked up when browsing one of the folders in PM. Since then I've been getting the message. I tried setting the prefs to clear the cache on exit, and then turned caching back on, but still get the error.

Vincent