Author Topic: Visual Display of Tagged Photos  (Read 4915 times)

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
Visual Display of Tagged Photos
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »
While most code replacement usage appears to be for sports photography, I have found some other uses that work well for me.

In this example, I am using it to allow me to have a visual display of tagged photos in slideshows and/or captions. In other words, it allows me to display "Tagged" for photos that have been tagged. For untagged photos, no text is displayed. If you use the {tag} variable itself, you will see numeric values of 0 or 1.

The attached code replacement file is very simple. If you look at the file, you'll see that I prefer to show the text "Tagged" for tagged photos. This can easily be adjusted to meet your own preferences (e.g. alternate languages). Ideally, I would like to show a nice check mark for tagged photos, but I think that would require an easy way of indicating a specific unicode character to use.

However, it is worth noting the format of the first entry of the file...

tag0

This entries is followed by a tab and then a space character. This is the trick that provides for the "optional" display of the tag text.

To actually use this replacement in captions for slideshows, image galleries, etc. you need to include the following "pseudo variable"...

\tag{tag}\

-Ian

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:06:27 AM by IanGoldstein »