Author Topic: saving original camera frame numbers  (Read 3136 times)

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
saving original camera frame numbers
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:01:53 AM »
I want to save my original camera generated frame numbers in the IPTC fields.  I backup injest to an external HD.  I do my edit, deletes, and picks on my internal HD then rename & renumber the files only on the internal.  I need to be able look at the renumbered image on the internal HD and then be able to find the original camera generated frame number in case I need to retrieve a file from the external HD

Thanks

Chris

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: saving original camera frame numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:25 AM »
Chris,

I want to save my original camera generated frame numbers in the IPTC fields.  I backup injest to an external HD.  I do my edit, deletes, and picks on my internal HD then rename & renumber the files only on the internal.  I need to be able look at the renumbered image on the internal HD and then be able to find the original camera generated frame number in case I need to retrieve a file from the external HD

Pick a field that you want to use, and then use the {frame} variable.  If you do this during Ingest with the IPTC Stationery Pad then your internal HD and external HD will both have the frame number in that field.  If you don't want to have them both have that information, then don't apply the IPTC Stationery Pad during Ingest.  Apply the IPTC Stationery Pad later on only the internal HD images.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: saving original camera frame numbers
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »
thanks - as usual amazing response time

Chris