Author Topic: Preview mode F Key Fullscreen Toggle (OS X)  (Read 7895 times)

Offline abennett

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview mode F Key Fullscreen Toggle (OS X)
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Something that has been getting me on the OS X version of PM4 is that the F key does not toggle the details and thumbnail panes as it does on the Windows version. In other words, on Windows in the preview mode, hitting "F" will cause the panes to disappear and reappear. On OS X, "F" causes the panes to disappear but requires hitting "R" to return to the paned view.

Personally, I'm a photoshop nut that hitting a key repeatedly will toggle or cycle through modes so I see the way the Windows version works as best.

Cheers,
Aaron

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Preview mode F Key Fullscreen Toggle (OS X)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:19:45 AM »
F used to work like this - I've been meaning to request it be returned again so I'm glad someone else noticed!  I think it's a bug actually, as F works correctly after you've used R once.  My Preview windows usually are in full screen, so the first time I need to see the info panes I use R, after that F can toggle between the views.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview mode F Key Fullscreen Toggle (OS X)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »
F used to work like this - I've been meaning to request it be returned again so I'm glad someone else noticed!  I think it's a bug actually, as F works correctly after you've used R once.  My Preview windows usually are in full screen, so the first time I need to see the info panes I use R, after that F can toggle between the views.

It's true that a change was made to how the toggling works.  It was a user request.  If I make it work the way it used to work, then you can never have either of the two panes collapsed (or both) and toggle between one's preferred collapsed view and full screen.  For instance, let's say you never use the thumbnails at the bottom of the Preview window, but you do use the controls on the right side of the screen.  Right now you can toggle between that view (thumbnails collapsed, controls visible) and Full screen (both panes collapsed) with the F key.  Without this change, this kind of layout toggling was impossible (pressing F again restored both panes, and pressing R also restored both panes.)

-Kirk