Author Topic: Thumbnail placement in Preview for portrait mode.  (Read 3233 times)

Offline perw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnail placement in Preview for portrait mode.
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:49:34 PM »
Viewing portrait mode pictures with Preview and having the thumbnails row visible at the same time eats precious screen real estate, or rather screen height. Wide screen monitors are getting more common, which gives us plenty of space for information on the sides of the screen, but not on top and bottom.

Wishlist:

1) Make it possible to have both the thumbnail pane and the info pane individually moved to any side of the screen, even the same. This would make it possble to have both panes on one side, or opposite sides, with a wide-screen monitor and portrait mode images.

2) If not possible to implement 1 above, I would settle for the possibility to swith places between the panes. That way, I can have the info panel hidden and get my thumbnails to the side anyway.

/Per

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Thumbnail placement in Preview for portrait mode.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
Per, good request.  To add to it, I would like to be able to resize the film strip so that the thumbnails can be shrunk/enlarged.

Note: For the time being you can save lots of screen real estate by going full screen (F-Key).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl