Author Topic: Finding pix  (Read 4762 times)

Offline BobA

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Finding pix
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Trying out a demo, so far, so good.

When searching for a file via its IPTC info, I have for example in the Keywords, "John,Rebecca" and "John."  Is it possible to look for just the "John" and have only those photos returned {I am just looking for pix of just John, not both kids}.  If not, I thought I could type in the phrase as "John only" and "John,Rebecca" and search for "John only?"

Also, and on the IPTC stationery pad, to the right of the keywords, what is the square box and plus sign used for?

Thanks for any replies.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Finding pix
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:41:12 PM »
Trying out a demo, so far, so good.

When searching for a file via its IPTC info, I have for example in the Keywords, "John,Rebecca" and "John."  Is it possible to look for just the "John" and have only those photos returned {I am just looking for pix of just John, not both kids}.  If not, I thought I could type in the phrase as "John only" and "John,Rebecca" and search for "John only?"

There is currently no way to do what you're requesting.

Quote from: BobA
Also, and on the IPTC stationery pad, to the right of the keywords, what is the square box and plus sign used for?

Those checkboxes control whether or not the field to the right of the checkbox will be applied.  The checkboxes with a '+' over them control whether or not the text being applied will be appended to the text already present in the image that the IPTC Stationery Pad is working with at the time.

HTH,

-Kirk