Author Topic: "Open Folder" problem on Vista (PM 4.5)  (Read 5894 times)

Offline teraj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"Open Folder" problem on Vista (PM 4.5)
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:13:54 AM »
Hallo!
I do not know whether this is Photo Mechanic's or my Vista installation's problem: "Open Folder" dialog lacks the folder tree! I can see only the "Please select a folder to open as a contact sheet" string and both "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, but nothing more. Pressing OK PM selects the folder I have browsed a couple of weeks ago with a previous version of PM, which worked well (unfortunetly I can't remember which one it was).
I can't blame PM 100% sure, because I have encountered similiar behaviour in one different application I use - it also has problem displaying a system menu (but not the folders tree). But on the other hand all other programs run on my Vista well...
Do you have any hints?
Regards,
Artur

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Open Folder" problem on Vista (PM 4.5)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:20:33 AM »
Artur,

I do not know whether this is Photo Mechanic's or my Vista installation's problem: "Open Folder" dialog lacks the folder tree! I can see only the "Please select a folder to open as a contact sheet" string and both "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, but nothing more. Pressing OK PM selects the folder I have browsed a couple of weeks ago with a previous version of PM, which worked well (unfortunetly I can't remember which one it was).
I can't blame PM 100% sure, because I have encountered similiar behaviour in one different application I use - it also has problem displaying a system menu (but not the folders tree). But on the other hand all other programs run on my Vista well...
Do you have any hints?

I would suspect that it is a problem with Vista since that dialog is one of Microsoft's standard dialogs.  It is not Photo Mechanic's dialog.  We just call it up and expect it to tell us which folder was selected by the user.

There are several other ways to open folders in Photo Mechanic:

Drag and drop from a Windows Explorer window.
Photo Mechanic's Navigator.
Photo Mechanic's Favorites.
There is a contextual menu in Windows Explorer that will open a folder in Photo Mechanic too.

-Kirk