Author Topic: please enable IPTC mouse right-click for copy/paste  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Dimitri

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer
    • View Profile
    • Quebec Press Newsphotos
please enable IPTC mouse right-click for copy/paste
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »
I would like to make a very simple, yet useful feature request for the IPTC dialog in Windows:

- Enable the mouse right-click ! (for the copy/paste/cut/select-all functions)

The only way to accomplish this is only via CTL-C, CTL-V.

Many times I select a text from the another source, I copy it in the memory clipboard, then I arrive in the IPTC dialog, right click to past it - nothing happens!

Presently, the only right-click possibility in the IPTC dialog is when a word doesn't appear in the dictionary.  A right click then suggests possible spellings.  In a similar situation, in addition to the spelling suggestions, the other copy/paste/cut/select-all functions shall also appear.

Cheers,

Dimitri Papadopoulos
Montreal, Canada
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:59:01 PM by Dimitri »
Dimitri Papadopoulos
Newswire Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: please enable IPTC mouse right-click for copy/paste
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:26:13 AM »
Dimitri,

I would like to make a very simple, yet useful feature request for the IPTC dialog in Windows:

- Enable the mouse right-click ! (for the copy/paste/cut/select-all functions)

The only way to accomplish this is only via CTL-C, CTL-V.

Many times I select a text from the another source, I copy it in the memory clipboard, then I arrive in the IPTC dialog, right click to past it - nothing happens!

Presently, the only right-click possibility in the IPTC dialog is when a word doesn't appear in the dictionary.  A right click then suggests possible spellings.  In a similar situation, in addition to the spelling suggestions, the other copy/paste/cut/select-all functions shall also appear.

The spell checker was getting in the way of the standard menus coming up.  I have found a workaround and I am now able to get the spell checker menus to mix in with the edit menu.

You should see this change in the final 4.5.2 version.

-Kirk