Author Topic: ingest delay  (Read 3125 times)

Offline djphillip

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ingest delay
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:07:52 AM »
When I go to ingest a disk the command takes about 10-15 seconds to load the ingest dialog box. The delay is much longer in my desktop computer than with my laptop. When using the laptop, the ingest box opens instantly. Are there some preference settings I can change to speed things up in the desktop? My desktop is running windows xp pro, 500gb hard drive, 4gb ram, intel quad processor, using usb2 and firewire 800 card readers. Laptop is window xp pro, 80gb hard drive, 4gb ram, intel dual processor, using usb2 readers. I'm using 4.5.1.1.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:15:09 AM by djphillip »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ingest delay
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 07:18:28 AM »
When I go to ingest a disk the command takes about 10-15 seconds to load the ingest dialog box. The delay is much longer in my desktop computer than with my laptop. When using the laptop, the ingest box opens instantly. Are there some preference settings I can change to speed things up in the desktop? My desktop is running windows xp pro, 500gb hard drive, 4gb ram, intel quad processor, using usb2 and firewire 800 card readers. Laptop is window xp pro, 80gb hard drive, 4gb ram, intel dual processor, using usb2 readers. I'm using 4.5.1.1.

Ingest is scanning your hard drives for suitability for being a source of an ingest.  You can add a folder named "PMIngestIgnore" at the root of any hard drive that you never want to show up as a possible source for Ingest.  Adding the PMIngestIgnore folder at the root of all of your hard drives will make the startup of the Ingest dialog go much faster.

-Kirk