Author Topic: can't rank some images after ingesting them  (Read 3194 times)

Offline kdaphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
can't rank some images after ingesting them
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »
I have ingested a bunch of images  I use the star ranking system, however, after a certain point I cannot rank the images using stars.  I can rank them with colors but not stars.  Literally one image will be fine, the next one I can't rank it or any that follow.  Any idea what is going on?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: can't rank some images after ingesting them
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:17:03 AM »
I have ingested a bunch of images  I use the star ranking system, however, after a certain point I cannot rank the images using stars.  I can rank them with colors but not stars.  Literally one image will be fine, the next one I can't rank it or any that follow.  Any idea what is going on?

Not yet.  What version of PM are you using?  What OS are you running?  What kind of images are they?

-Kirk

Offline kdaphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »
I'm on Mac OSX 10.4.10, PM 4.5.1.1.  They are raw Nikon files (NEF).  If you need any other info just ask.

Offline kdaphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »
One more thing, I have ingested into this folder multiple times.  Its only the last ingestion that is having the problems, but not all of the files, only the last 30%. 

And now after clsoing PM and reopening it I can rank those images.  However, I had tried that before contacting you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »
One more thing, I have ingested into this folder multiple times.  Its only the last ingestion that is having the problems, but not all of the files, only the last 30%. 

And now after clsoing PM and reopening it I can rank those images.  However, I had tried that before contacting you.

OK, well if you can get it to reproduce again then I'd like to have some sample files from you to try and reproduce it on my end.

-Kirk