Author Topic: Photo Mechanic & iWeb  (Read 2762 times)

Offline shutterbug19

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic & iWeb
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »
I am currently building my website. I have been creating the main pages with iWeb. I then created my specific galleries with Photo Mechanic, SimpleViewer. On my main portfolio page I have six gallery links, I am trying to attach my SimpleViewer gelleries to these links but am either getting error messages or getting the same gallery for all six links. A message has also come up saying that they couldn't find the files. Now do I need to move the files into the Portfolio_files folder? Each gallery in Photo Mechanic gives me the following files: gallery.xml, images, index.html, styles.css, swfobject.js, thumbs, viewer.swf. Any help or advice that would lead me closer to getting this finished, would be greatly appreciated. I know it is possible because I know another photographer that has done it, but is currently out of the country. Thanks in advance.

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Photo Mechanic & iWeb
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:14:31 AM »
You need to create a folder structure for your website so that each SV gallery is in its own folder, and each folder contains its own index.html file.  You then need to create a page in iWeb that will allow you to navigate between them, or manually modify the index.html page generated by PM so that it has extra links on it.

The portfolio section of my website uses four SimpleViewer galleries that were made with PM (but the homepage gallery is not SV).  Using Freeway I built index pages in four folders and when laying out the page I just put a box where I wanted the gallery to appear and imported the viewer.swf file to that box.  I then just put the all the image and thumbnail folders, and the javascript, css and xml files, of the SimpleViewer gallery into the correct folder manually. I've never used iWeb, but if it lets you import a flash item to show on your page, and lets you define your own folder structure for the site, then the same technique should work for you.

2014 UPDATE - my site no longer uses SimpleViewer, (I've moved to Koken) but the above instructions would still work.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:41:58 AM by SamFrost »