Author Topic: searching fields....  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Jonzinator

• View Profile
searching fields....
« on: August 10, 2007, 01:18:23 AM »
Been playing with getting my IPTC data upto date and I need to find the fields that are blank, but not having any luck.   I have tried searching the "object name' with a blank field or a -*.    Any suggestions how I might search a field that is blank.   Basically I am trying to find the images that I have not worked on.

Thanks!!!

Troy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: searching fields....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »
Troy,

Been playing with getting my IPTC data upto date and I need to find the fields that are blank, but not having any luck.   I have tried searching the "object name' with a blank field or a -*.    Any suggestions how I might search a field that is blank.   Basically I am trying to find the images that I have not worked on.

There is no facility for finding blank fields in Photo Mechanic currently.

-Kirk

Offline Jonzinator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
Hmmmmm....

So Im guessing that there is also no ability to search with wildcards such as   boolean searchs?

Thanks....

Troy

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »

Troy, it's not possible, but there is a work-around!  Create a custom sort on the field you want to check for emptiness, apply the sort and voila, all your files with that field blank have moved together at the front :)

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Jonzinator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
HEY!  That works pretty good!   Thanks

Troy