Author Topic: Target Contact Sheet not Refreshing after Extract  (Read 3287 times)

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Target Contact Sheet not Refreshing after Extract
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »
After extracting a JPG from a raw file into a folder that is open on a contact sheet, the image does not appear in the conteact sheet that is displaying the target folder.  If I click Vew|Refresh that doesn't help.  If I right click an image on the target contact sheet and open an explorer window (Win XP), and then close the explorer window, the image then appears in the contact sheet.  I didn't see that little dance in the manual  ;D

Is this some quirk of my Win configuration or do others experience this?  When I 'save as...' to a folder that is open on a contact sheet, I see the saved image immediately.  I don't have to do wild gyrations with windows explorer to kick start it  ;D

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Target Contact Sheet not Refreshing after Extract
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:21 PM »
Neil,

After extracting a JPG from a raw file into a folder that is open on a contact sheet, the image does not appear in the conteact sheet that is displaying the target folder.  If I click Vew|Refresh that doesn't help.  If I right click an image on the target contact sheet and open an explorer window (Win XP), and then close the explorer window, the image then appears in the contact sheet.  I didn't see that little dance in the manual  ;D

Is this some quirk of my Win configuration or do others experience this?  When I 'save as...' to a folder that is open on a contact sheet, I see the saved image immediately.

While I don't know why the images aren't immediately showing up for you, but the Rescan command on the File menu should do the trick.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:36:46 AM »
Neil,

Is this some quirk of my Win configuration or do others experience this?  When I 'save as...' to a folder that is open on a contact sheet, I see the saved image immediately.  I don't have to do wild gyrations with windows explorer to kick start it  ;D

I have made a change to rescan the destination folder.

-Kirk

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »
Thank you...  I think this will make things more consistent and save a lot of clicking.  I know I do a lot of extracts and have worked my way down that tree many times.

Neil