Author Topic: Missing part of the tool bar on PM startup  (Read 4362 times)

Offline pkgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing part of the tool bar on PM startup
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:36:29 PM »
I just upgraded to PM 4.5.2 this evening and noticed that the last halve of the tool bar is not visible.  I need to drag the tool bar down on to the contact sheet and then drag it back up the the top to get the entire toolbar to be visible.  I am running a P4 and Win 2K as an operating system.
Thanks
PKG

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing part of the tool bar on PM startup
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »
I just upgraded to PM 4.5.2 this evening and noticed that the last halve of the tool bar is not visible.  I need to drag the tool bar down on to the contact sheet and then drag it back up the the top to get the entire toolbar to be visible.  I am running a P4 and Win 2K as an operating system.

Once you've done this, do you need to repeat this process each time you startup Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 02:59:16 AM »
Sounds like the same problem we discussed a while back in this thread:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1909.0

Offline pkgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:26:01 AM »
Kirk...    thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I do have to undock and re dock the Tool bar on each occurrence of starting PM.  I have only noticed this on version 4.5.2.  All other versions have worked properly.
One other quick comment...   When I tried loading the RC1 version of 4.5.2 it killed my Operating System (Win2K).  On boot the system would continually go through start up.  I don't know if this was related to PM or not.  Thought that I would pass this along.   I needed to reformat the hard drive to recover.  Your comments please.

Thanks

PS   I will take a closer look at the other thread when I get a chance.  Sorry to have brought this forward again if you have already dealt with this issue.

thanks again

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
Kirk...    thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I do have to undock and re dock the Tool bar on each occurrence of starting PM.  I have only noticed this on version 4.5.2.  All other versions have worked properly.
One other quick comment...   When I tried loading the RC1 version of 4.5.2 it killed my Operating System (Win2K).  On boot the system would continually go through start up.  I don't know if this was related to PM or not.  Thought that I would pass this along.   I needed to reformat the hard drive to recover.  Your comments please.

I have no idea why that would happen and if it is even related to PM.  The basic structure of the PM installer hasn't changed much since 4.4.x.

Quote from: pkgphoto
PS   I will take a closer look at the other thread when I get a chance.  Sorry to have brought this forward again if you have already dealt with this issue.

I have no solution for this issue.

-Kirk

Offline pkgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
Sounds like the same problem we discussed a while back in this thread:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1909.0

The solution to the missing parts of the tool bar was outlined in the above thread.  Thanks jimb for bringing it to my attention.