Author Topic: "unable to render image"  (Read 5633 times)

Offline pcalvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • petercalvin.com
"unable to render image"
« on: August 12, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »
I have been correcting perspectives for an architectrual job with PS CS3's lens corrections and saving as retitled 16 bit tifs.  In PM I get a pixelated image in the contact sheet and the files name is in red.  When I go to the larger preview it says "unable to render image". 

Mac, 10.4.9, PM 4.2.2

These files render fine in iView Media and Expression Media. I opened one of these files in PS CS2 and resaved it and it renders in PM now.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:19:11 PM by pcalvin »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "unable to render image"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »
I have been correcting perspectives for an architectrual job with PS CS3's lens corrections and saving as retitled 16 bit tifs.  In PM I get a pixelated image in the contact sheet and the files name is in red.  When I go to the larger preview it says "unable to render image". 

Mac, 10.4.9, PM 4.2.2

These files render fine in iView Media and Expression Media. I opened one of these files in PS CS2 and resaved it and it renders in PM now.

Just make sure that you save it in chunky RGB (not planar) if you're going to use compression.  Then it should work fine.

-Kirk

Offline pcalvin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • petercalvin.com
Re: "unable to render image"
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently CS3 uses Planar by default, rather than interleaved.  (I am not using any compression, though) You learn something new everyday.

From the help PS files..

"Pixel Order
Writes the TIFF file with the channels data interleaved or organized by plane. Previously, Photoshop always wrote TIFF files with the channel order interleaved. Theoretically, the Planar order file can be read and written faster, and offers a little better compression. Both channel orders are backward compatible with earlier versions of Photoshop."

Peter