Author Topic: ftp-History  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Ti.Mo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ftp-History
« on: August 13, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »
Hi,

is it possible to see which files are all was sent? Or is it possible to get the Copy of the files that were send, AFTER successfully sending in the "sent"-Folder?
Sometimes I wish to breack sending, and will continue sending when I've changed the location for a new Job.

Do you know what I mean?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ftp-History
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
is it possible to see which files are all was sent? Or is it possible to get the Copy of the files that were send, AFTER successfully sending in the "sent"-Folder?
Sometimes I wish to breack sending, and will continue sending when I've changed the location for a new Job.

Do you know what I mean?

You're looking for an FTP log.  We don't yet have one.  It is planned to be added in a future version.

-Kirk

Offline Ti.Mo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 02:59:43 AM »
Thank you, for your Response.
 :)

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 12:54:51 AM »
After 11 years, still no FTP log? I'd like to be able to click on the green "transfer complete" symbol for each image and see individual transmission data. Also, after restarting the program, the green symbol is gone. Why? Impossible to know if a photo was sent or not.

Jarle

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
After 11 years, still no FTP log?

It's been there for quite a while now.  See attached image that is a clipping of the bottom of the Upload dialog.

I'd like to be able to click on the green "transfer complete" symbol for each image and see individual transmission data.

That would need to be a feature request.  We have a message board for such things: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=3.0

Also, after restarting the program, the green symbol is gone. Why? Impossible to know if a photo was sent or not.

Because that data only exists while PM is running.  In order for it to persist and move with your photos, we'd have to modify your images to add that data.  PM does not modify your images without you performing an action.  Also, it's just not possible to guarantee that it would work because while your images are being uploaded, you could delete, rename, or move them.  Before PM uploads anything, it makes a copy of the original image to a cache folder and then uploads from there, if it did not do this then you could delete, move, or rename your images and then the upload would fail.  These same sort of operations makes it impossible to guarantee that we could update your image with the upload data.

-Kirk