Author Topic: Image failed to render - problem  (Read 3013 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Image failed to render - problem
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
I'm useing a new PC (64 bit Vista, quad core, 6gb RAM) I had this issue once before - I think it was in a beta. I'm running 4.6.1. - I've been using this system for over a month without issue.

I was trying to upload about 10 galleries to Zenfolio 3-500 each. (This machine does not have the slow upload issues I had with my older PC on Zenfolio & SmugMug. ) So rarely would the que still have image waiting when I started the next upload. but not always. one gallery had the last 120 of 520 upload the black small file withjust the error text. the next gallery started with some then worked properly for a few then back to the error files. and it was intermitent for the next 4 uploads till I noticed it.

Now I deleted the uploaded galleries and am trying to reupload them but they are ALL failing. I will try to restart PM. and try again.
Is it possible to have this render error NOT upload so that we would know about it???
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image failed to render - problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:15:34 PM »
Joe,

I'm useing a new PC (64 bit Vista, quad core, 6gb RAM) I had this issue once before - I think it was in a beta. I'm running 4.6.1. - I've been using this system for over a month without issue.

I was trying to upload about 10 galleries to Zenfolio 3-500 each. (This machine does not have the slow upload issues I had with my older PC on Zenfolio & SmugMug. ) So rarely would the que still have image waiting when I started the next upload. but not always. one gallery had the last 120 of 520 upload the black small file withjust the error text. the next gallery started with some then worked properly for a few then back to the error files. and it was intermitent for the next 4 uploads till I noticed it.

Now I deleted the uploaded galleries and am trying to reupload them but they are ALL failing. I will try to restart PM. and try again.
Is it possible to have this render error NOT upload so that we would know about it???

Do you get error messages in the progress window, or does everything proceed as normal and you only find out about it when you check your photos online?

What size are you scaling your images?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
Everything looks fine till I check online. Attached are my settings.
After restarting the problems did not reoccur thou I had a smaller set of images to upload.

My biggest concern is that PM knew it had a problem but continued without a warning.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:43:06 PM »
Joe,

Everything looks fine till I check online. Attached are my settings.
After restarting the problems did not reoccur thou I had a smaller set of images to upload.

My biggest concern is that PM knew it had a problem but continued without a warning.

What was the error text on the images?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:04:28 AM »
"Unable to render image" Red type on a very small black image.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC