Author Topic: Losing a selection  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Losing a selection
« on: May 27, 2006, 07:37:50 AM »
Hi,
 I am a new user.
  I have assigned a color class to a group of photos. I then selected that color class. I then click "view by selected". I now have a group of photos that I will edit. I select the first of this group and edit the photo. When I come back to PM, I have lost my selection and need to go through the selection process again. Should I do something differently?
 Thanks for any help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Losing a selection
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:23:05 AM »
  I have assigned a color class to a group of photos. I then selected that color class. I then click "view by selected". I now have a group of photos that I will edit. I select the first of this group and edit the photo. When I come back to PM, I have lost my selection and need to go through the selection process again. Should I do something differently?

When you click on that single photo to edit it, you are deselecting the rest of the visible photos.  When you come back to PM it rescans the folder for any changes.  At this time it also re-filters what should be visible, and since you only have one photo selected and you are viewing selected items only, the other photos get filtered out.

My suggestion would be to right click (on Mac OS X with a single mouse button use Control-click) on the photo you want to edit and choose either "Edit photo" or "Edit photo with" (and then choose an editor from the list that appears).  If you want to edit all of the selected photos at once, you can choose "Edit Photos" from the Image menu, or you can use "Edit selected photos" (or "Edit selected photos with" and then choose an editor from the list that appears) from the contextual menu.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Hannibal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Losing a selection
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:47:44 AM »
Gotcha,
  Thanks