Author Topic: Drop a Marker in Contact Sheet?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline robtography_ca

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Drop a Marker in Contact Sheet?
« on: August 18, 2018, 07:43:43 AM »
Is there a way to bookmark a position in a Contact Sheet?  For example, let's say I'm culling a contact sheet with 5,000 images in it.  I've made it about 1/3 of the way through, and want to mark my position so I can quickly return there later.  This is commonplace in audio editing applications ("dropping a marker").  I've tried using color class (turn the last image I looked at a distinct color) without good results: I still have to scroll through the set to find the image I marked.  I've also tried tagging, but with similar results.  Thank you in advance for your advice on this use case.  I'm running PM v5 build 19695 on Windows 10 Pro.  Best, Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drop a Marker in Contact Sheet?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »
Is there a way to bookmark a position in a Contact Sheet?  For example, let's say I'm culling a contact sheet with 5,000 images in it.  I've made it about 1/3 of the way through, and want to mark my position so I can quickly return there later.  This is commonplace in audio editing applications ("dropping a marker").  I've tried using color class (turn the last image I looked at a distinct color) without good results: I still have to scroll through the set to find the image I marked.  I've also tried tagging, but with similar results.  Thank you in advance for your advice on this use case.  I'm running PM v5 build 19695 on Windows 10 Pro.  Best, Rob

No, there is no 'marker' or bookmark feature in PM at this time.  That said, I think that if you continued with your color label method, and used the Color Class Filter widget in the lower right corner of the Contact Sheet window and hold down the Shift key while you click on your color, all of the other images will filter out.  Select the image (Ctrl-A or click on it with your mouse), then Shift click on your color again in the Color Class Filter widget (all images will return) then if your marked image isn't visible, press one of the arrow keys (right arrow, for instance) and the images should be scrolled to visible.

HTH,

-Kirk